04 July 2015

VINTAGE (CCLII)

Lloyd Cole And The Commotions - "My Bag"



Hey I was walking my bag 
Through a 20 story non stop snow storm 
Pirrelli calender girls wrestling in body lotion 
My head's swimming with poetry and prose 
Excuse me one moment whilst I powder my nose 

Me and my good thing are just about as close as can be 
We gave up sleep at the age of 17 
My world's getting bigger as my eyesight gets worse 
I can't see the lines on my idiot board 
What about love? 
I don't let that stuff in my house 
This is the glamorous life there's no time for fooling around 

Lord have mercy I know what I'm doing 
I don't need an alibi I need a fire escape and an open window
It's my problem it's nothing I can't deal with 
I'm not chasing anything just jogging baby 
What's your bag? 

Hundred million dollar jam 
Got some traffic yes sir in my nose 
Motorcycle speed cops burning up my dust roads 
My baby left me heck ain`t that a shame 
She's over in the corner with my new best friend 
I'm doing fine with my whisky and wine 
And meet me in the john john meet me in the john john 

Lord have mercy... 

Spin spin whisky and gin I suffer for my art 
Bartender I got wild mushrooms growing in my yard 
Fix me a quart of petrol, clams on the half shell 
Feels like prohibition baby give me the hard sell 
More give me more give me more more more 
I'm your yes man yes maam I'm your yes man 

Lord have mercy...

No comments: