03 March 2014

Retromania pura e dura (no cinema): 
The Lone Ranger *

"The Lone Ranger is so heavily littered with the bleeding scalps of old Hollywood and spaghetti westerns that after about half an hour I started to think I wasn't watching a western at all, but a Frankenstein movie. There is homage, there is the affectionate nod, there is creative artistic theft, and then there is this: knowingly building a genre movie entirely from sequences hijacked from the classic movies of that genre. The kind of thing that makes me growl, 'Too much film school, not enough living'" (aqui)

"By my second viewing, I caught even more references to old Westerns, ranging from the countless scenes set in John Ford's Monument Valley to the ironic singing of the Christian hymn 'Shall We Gather at the River' (as in Sam Peckinpah's 1969 The Wild Bunch). But what surprised me even more than the homages to, say, the beginning of Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West (1966), or the train-chase climax of Buster Keaton's The General (1926), was the feeling that Verbinski and company were exploring not just the different styles from different decades, but the historical themes of those films" (aqui)

* Razzie 2014 para "Pior Prequela, Remake ou Plágio"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tonto e Mascarilha fazem-me lembrar o Tózé e o Jerónimo : uma dupla de arrasar as vítimas da fome...Eh!Eh!Eh!