15 March 2009

17 THINGS I LOVE, BY NEKO CASE(na "Paste Magazine")



Canada, honeycrisp apples, my band, bats, my pets, "Hobby Farms" magazine, books I read while making this record, iced tea, "The Mighty Boosh", everyone who voted, "Weird Science", paintings by Amy Casey and Sidney Nolan, Nick Cave and Warren Ellis soundtracks, co-ed rock'n'roll, "Saveur" magazine, remembering my dreams ("the best dream I’ve had lately was where my grandma called me on the grey princess phone, and I answered it in the middle of a big green pasture. She passed away a year ago, but she was calling to tell me she was feeling much better and wanted me to know she was looking out for me. She said she was traveling through Thailand and having a ball; in fact she had to go so she wouldn’t miss her connection. “Wait!” I said, “Do you have anything else to tell me?” She thought about it for quite a while. She finally answered in a soft and serious tone, “Make sure you have your say”. She said it like she was telling everyone, so I thought I should let you know"). (todas as dezassete)
 
+ NEKO CASE ON QTV
BEST FRIENDS
THE PLEASURE OF THE RUNNER'S HIGH (2009)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!

Up in the Old Hotel by Joseph Mitchell

Little portraits of old New York, written in the cleanest, most matter-of-fact style. Mitchell is so dry and funny. The characters are vivid and salty, like potato chips. You can’t put this book down.

Esta gaija rula.

João Lisboa said...

"Esta gaija rula"

Esta gaija rula tiranicamente. Obscenamente cool.

João Lisboa said...

Ah, vê a entrevista à QTV. Muito boa.

lia said...

Eu gostava de ser como esta mulher!

Mas ao menos «dei-lhe» uma capa enquanto pude : >

http://indies-cowboys.blogspot.com/

João Lisboa said...

"Eu gostava de ser como esta mulher!"

Eu também... mas, provavelmente, teria muito pior reputação...

:)