21 December 2009

THE STORY OF FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK

It was Christmas Eve babe 
In the drunk tank 
An old man said to me: 
won't see another one 
And then they sang a song 
The Rare Old Mountain Dew 
I turned my face away 
and dreamed about you 
 
Got on a lucky one 
Came in eighteen to one 
I´ve got a feeling 
This year´s for me and you 
 
So happy Christmas 
I love you baby
I can see a better time 
Where all our dreams come true. 
 
They got cars big as bars 
They got rivers of gold 
But the wind goes right through you 
It´s no place for the old 
When you first took my hand 
on a cold Christmas eve 
 
You promised me Broadway 
was waiting for me 
You were handsome 
you were pretty 
Queen of New York city 
when the band finished playing 
they yelled out for more 
 
Sinatra was swinging 
all the drunks they were singing 
We kissed on a corner 
Then danced through the night. 
 
And the boys from the NYPD choir 
were singing Galway Bay 
And the bells were ringing out for Christmas Day. 
 
You´re a bum you´re a punk 
You´re an old slut on junk 
Lying there almost dead 
on a drip in that bed 
 
You scumbag, you maggot 
You cheap lousy faggot 
Happy Christmas your arse 
I pray god it´s our last. 
 
And the boys of the NYPD choir's 
still singing Galway Bay 
And the bells were ringing out For Christmas Day.  
 
I could have been someone 
Well so could anyone 
You took my dreams from me 
When I first found you 
 
I kept them with me babe 
I put them with my own 
Can´t make it out alone 
I´ve built my dreams around you 
 
And the boys of the NYPD choir's 
still singing Galway Bay 
And the bells are ringing out For Christmas Day.
 
(2009)

No comments: