19 May 2008

RIGHT THERE IN THE ROOM/O FANTASMA DE ROBERT FORSTER
(... fechando outro círculo a partir dali)


"We had started on our 10th album. It had begun the same way as all the others. I went over to his place during the day and we’d play the songs each of us had written.

I’d find him in either of two locations: pottering around the kitchen or lying on his bed, reading. The first 10 minutes would always be a little tetchy. Although we’d known each other for almost 30 years and worked closely together for a good half of that time, he’d be a little gruff; it was as if, each time I saw him, he had to get to know me again. So, he’d make coffee and I’d sit in a chair in the kitchen and pepper him with questions in an attempt to bring him around to good humour. This is where having known him for such a long time helped, because I knew the buttons to push, the silly things to say, the cheeky remark about an album he liked, the films of a certain actor I’d know he’d trash, a bit of local rock-scene gossip. Anything really, and after 10 minutes, he’d be the person I’d always known".

(2008)

2 comments:

gorgulho said...

vê o mail

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito do regresso dos Go-Betweens com o Friends Of Rachel Worth. Gradualmente fui gostando menos do que se seguiu. O Oceans Apart, para mim, é um disco pouco mais que vulgar. O Evangelist voltou a evangelizar-me na arte das escutas repetidas e incessantes de um disco. Pop urgente e imprescindível.