16 December 2010

"FUCK ME, RAY BRADBURY": THE MAKING OF
(sequência daqui)


When a woman in her early twenties asks a ninety-year-old man to fuck her, there's usually an oil fortune involved - unless, of course, the ninety-year-old man is author Ray Bradbury. Rachel Bloom's poppy ode to the sci-fi master, "Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury," has garnered a million hits on the Internet in less than a week.

UCB Comedy Blog: Tell us a little bit about the process of making "Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury."

Rachel Bloom: I was sitting at home about two years ago during the summer between my junior and senior years of college, and I was re-reading The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. I was going through a weird sadness/lull on the boy front, and I kept thinking, "Man, Ray Bradbury is so smart...he'd be the ideal boyfriend." I thought it would be funny to do a passionate love song about Ray Bradbury. Then, I thought it would be even funnier to do like, a sexy pop song about Ray Bradbury. So, I sat down at my parents' piano and came up with the essential structure in about an hour. 2 years later, I revisited the song and refined it.

We shot the video at St. Cecilia's, an old Catholic school in Brooklyn. (...) I produced the video myself - I did all the casting, found the crew, and asked my friends to direct/DP. It was a lot of work, a lot of e-mails going back and forth for a few weeks. I will say that you don't have to be a genius to put together a good film shoot - it's just a lot of work.



UCBCB: The video was obviously influenced by one of the greatest TRL videos ever - "Hit Me Baby, One More Time." When you were a kid, did you ever dream about being in one of those '90s pop videos?

RB: The weird thing about me as a kid is that I outwardly wanted to be against the establishment, but secretly wanted to be a part of it. I was made fun of a lot right around the time "Baby One More Time" came out, so although I publicly railed against these pretty popular people and their awesome clothes, I privately danced to the song like a fiend alone in my room. I resented the fact I wasn't cool or pretty enough to be a Britney Spears fan, but couldn't deny that I was a Britney Spears fan. I always openly loved 'N Sync, though. Ah, to be 12 and full of contradictions.

UCBCB: If you were doing a whole literary fuckfest, what other authors would be on your list?

RB: I would fuck Kurt Vonnegut, Philip Roth and J.K. Rowling. Those are the top of my orgy list. (daqui)

(2010)

2 comments:

nick name james graham said...

x ray

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not
writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!


my homepage ... dieta daneza