24 May 2011

BOB DYLAN (n. 24 MAIO 1941) - SERIES OF DREAMS (XV)



"These photos of Bob Dylan date from 1964/5, when he rode a Triumph on the leafy roads surrounding his home in Woodstock, New York. This charming young folk singer, a man of unpredictable habits, was a charismatic figure on his red-and-silver '64 Tiger 100. (...) On July 29, 1966, it was announced that he had suffered injuries after 'locking up the brakes' on his Tiger 100, not far from his manager Alan Grossman's house in Woodstock. Though no hospital data records an entry from Bob Dylan, he claimed to have suffered facial lacerations and 'several broken vertebrae in his neck'. Quite an injury, yet no ambulance was summoned. Dylan had this to say about his crash: 'When I had that motorcycle accident ... I woke up and caught my senses, I realized that I was just workin' for all these leeches. And I didn't want to do that. Plus, I had a family and I just wanted to see my kids'". (daqui)

(2011)

No comments: