24 May 2011

BOB DYLAN (n. 24 MAIO 1941) - SERIES OF DREAMS (X)



Busy Being Born - What does Bob Dylan's music owe to his fans?: "Follow the bouncing Bob since he came to New York on Jan. 24, 1961: Guthrie emulator, protest singer, beat poet, hipster rocker, recluse, stadium-show band-leader, carnival musician, evangelical, gospel singer, faded rocker, American song curator, radio host, filmmaker, and painter. When Dylan is in a comfortable spot in his career, he kicks himself out of it, reaching for some new sound, trying for a new and precise way to capture an idea that's always elusive. He rolls the rock up and then he's the one who pushes it back down again. 'This home that I'd left a while back and couldn't remember exactly where it was, but I was on my way there', was how Dylan put it in the aptly named documentary No Direction Home, summing up his career. 'I was born very far from where I'm supposed to be, and so, I'm on my way home'". (John Dickerson)

(2011)

No comments: